Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bloggity Blog Blog

Where did the word blog come from? I genuinely want to know. It's a weird word.

I must confess...I love reading blogs. I find them extremely entertaining. And I have quite a few that I follow regularly. So I'm breaking them down into categories.

Category 1: My Family's Blogs

Mom's: mahanthing.blogspot.com
Jen's: whatnowjen.blogspot.com
Stef's: thenashgriffiths.blogspot.com
Holly's: theglems.blogspot.com

I highly recommend each of these, especially if you are at all interested in getting to know any of my sisters or Mom better. I know that Hondo has really enjoyed reading all of our blogs as we've been doing this challenge together, and just told me last night how much he appreciates getting to know my family better through this forum (he said, in so many words.)

Category 2: Other People I know, Who's Blogs I Stalk Read

Amy Reeves: amyandcary.blogspot.com  Amy and I went to high school together, but I don't know if we ever actually spoke. We're friends on Facebook, which is how I started reading her blog, and I must say she is quite amusing.

Matt Reichman: http://www.mattreichman.com/ The brother of Amy who I just mentioned. Also went to high school, also have never spoken and he probably doesn't even know who I am. But I'm counting it as someone I know. He writes a column for the Springville, UT newspaper and also posts those articles on his blog.

Ali Rettedal: thejarettedal.blogspot.com A friend from high school, who I don't always agree with but inspires me nonetheless. She's a great mom and very dedicated to her beliefs.

I'm sure I have other friends who have blogs that I don't read, and if you think that I should, please send me the link to your blog! I will read it, a lot. I promise.

Category 3: Guilty Pleasures/Hilarious People

Suri's Burn Book: A study in Suri and the people who disappoint her
If you enjoy celebrity gossip you'll probably laugh at this blog. It's a ghost writer for "Suri Cruise," who is basically critiquing and criticizing other celebrity children.

One Forty Plus: John Mayer's blog. I don't think this needs further explanation.

The Weed: I recently found this blog because of his recent coming out post. He has been married for 10 years and is an active member of the LDS community, who is gay. The post is long, but his story is interesting and worth the read, if you're up for it. But as I went back through some of his previous posts, I was laughing literally out loud at his daughter the therapist and Bambi nuggets.

The Bloggess: This lady cracks me up. But I must warn you, she does not hold back. There is swearing and some inappropriate discussion on her blog, as well as inspiration and help for anyone suffering from depression or anxiety. The post that led me to her was this one about Beyonce the Giant Metal Chicken. ok, as I just was looking through her blog and thinking about my Mom reading it, I realized this is probably a little too inappropriate for many. Only go to it if you are not easily offended/think swearing is funny. Mom...don't go to it. She also recently had her first book published, which I haven't read yet but am planning on reading soon, which you can buy here.

Wow and I was only supposed to list 5. My bad. I actually have more, but I'll stop.

I think I just realized I might have a problem.



3 comments:

  1. Blog = web log. I had to tell you because I just learned that exactly 2 days ago.
    And in case you were wondering... yes I am reading your blog while I'm at work. Thank you for the break.
    Also, here's my blog. But it's pretty boring compared to yours. Maybe if more people blogged like me you wouldn't be addicted to them.
    http://chandraandtyler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bloggess= crazy, but so funny! she cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I don't know how to reply to a specific person because for some reason it isn't letting me. So Chandra, thanks for the definition! And I need to start following your blog, I remember that I did spend one entire morning reading through your posts.

    ReplyDelete