Thursday, September 27, 2012

Things that almost always give me chills

A great song. For example, the first song on the Mumford and Sons new album Babel...instant chills.

Pictures of cold weather.

Even this much snow makes me feel cold

When my hands are wrinkly from washing dishes or swimming...I get chills just thinking about it. In a bad way.

Touching construction paper.

Movies that show landscapes/cityscapes of Paris. These tend to produce tears as well.

The beginning of a play or movie I've been anticipating.

Hondo kissing the gap between my neck and shoulder on my back.

A moving political speech.
"We believe that a little girl who's offered an escape from poverty by a great teacher or a grant for college could become the founder of the next Google, or the scientist who cures cancer, or the President of the United States – and it's in our power to give her that chance."
I can't help but think of my daughter and the enormous potential that she has.

"Though we will face trials, adversities, disabilities, heartaches, and all manner of afflictions, our caring, loving Savior will always be there for us. He has promised:
'I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. …
'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.' John 14: 18,27"

And of course, other random things. But these? They get me every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment