Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quirky and Weird are two very different things



Me: Knock knock.

You: Who's there?

Me: Impatient cow.

You: im...Me: MOOOO!






It's better in person.

It's hard to say what "quirk" I have because I think I'm normal. I do things every day so they aren't weird to me even if someone else might think they are weird.

For example, I tried to have a "foot fight" with Hondo on the floor the other day, only to find out that no one else knows what that is. You put your feet against each other (bottom to bottom) and on the count of 3 try to push the other person's legs so they are bent up by their face and they're squished, and your legs are straight. Apparently, it's a game the Mahan kids made up.

I had no idea we were so creative.

I texted Hondo and asked him "What should I put for a weird quirk? Of mine. In case that wasn't clear."

His response? "You have to keep the shower curtain closed."

Wow. I'm the most boring person ever.

He says "Quirks aren't supposed to be cool babe..."

I say, "But I'm cool. And popular."

You know what he said? Nothing. He laughed.

So I've decided that my best "quirk" is my ability to interrupt conversations, even the most intense argument or important thing ever, by changing the subject.

I don't mean to be rude, and I'm really not trying to divert the conversation (most of the time), but sometimes I have a thought and I remember I want to ask about something or tell a story or something and if I don't say it right then and there, I'll forget. So I do. Interrupt, I mean.

Sorry about that.





No comments:

Post a Comment