Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mock Lasagna Casserole

This is real lasagna. If you try to make the recipe I'm sharing and it looks like this, you're doing it wrong. Even though this does look delicious. I might have real lasagna for dinner tonight.
Photo credit here


My favorite "if I was on death row and had a last meal this would be it" food.

1 package noodles--your choice. I like to use shells, but you could use any really. Probably not spaghetti.

Boil the noodles in lightly salted water until done. Drain.

Sausage--I like to use the sage or hot flavored kind. Not breakfast sausage, ground sausage.

Brown sausage with approx. 1 tbsp italian seasoning, 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1 tsp onion powder, and any other seasonings you like. I'll add more if I'm using ground beef instead of sausage, which you can do.

Drain the grease, and return to pan. Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (or if you're a better cook than me, make your own. But only if you're a better one. If you're worse than me, don't bother. Just use the pre-packaged stuff.)

Layer noodles, 1/2 container of cottage cheese, 1/2 bag of shredded cheddar cheese, then meat sauce. Twice.

Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Gobble. I love this because it is one of the only foods I like to have when it's fresh, and when it's leftover. I hate leftovers. But with mock lasagna, it's delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment