Sunday, June 2, 2013

One time I went Ice Block Sledding on a Date...

...and the kid who was my date (it was a double) brought a block of dry ice. DRY ICE. Please tell me who in their right mind thinks that would work on grass.

Speaking of memories... my earliest childhood memory...I feel like we already addressed this is another blog post. Hold on.

Yep, we totes did last year during the blog challenge. I wrote about that here. Who came up with these topics?! (Stef!)

So let's see if I can come up with another early childhood memory. 

These are in no particular order, and just because I remember them from my childhood doesn't necessarily mean that I was young. My chronological memory of life before age 9ish isn't great.

I remember fighting over a pair of jelly shoes with one of my friends and her biting me.

I remember hanging out at the Christiansen's house while my mom birthed Kelli. They had a trampoline.

I remember having recurring nightmares where every member of my family would be killed one by one, always in the same order, until Holly and I were the only ones left (sorry, everyone else) and I would wake up crying.

I remember thinking I heard a mouse in my room in the middle of the night and being so scared that it would jump on my bed that I started mewing like a cat. To scare it away, obviously. I do not remember if it worked.

One time I thought it would be a great idea to put a glass of orange juice by my bed at night instead of water. It was actually a terrible idea...have you ever had orange juice after brushing your teeth?

Hop On Pop was the first book I ever read by myself. It was in my Grandma's basement. 

Clayton Kazmerski ate glue once in kindergarten and I missed it because I had been sick the day before and my teacher made me sit in the corner to do make-up work. I hated my kindergarten teacher forever after that. 

I'm pretty sure I firmly believed in reincarnation as an extremely small child. Not that I knew the word "reincarnation." I blame the idea I'm about to relate on church--I can only assume we play-acted the birth of Jesus and I took it a little too close to heart. I honestly thought at one point that I was a reincarnated Mary. Mary, Mother of Jesus. There is photographic evidence of me in the bathtub with a washcloth on my head saying "I'm Mary." 

Here is a series of pictures of me sometime between 18-24 months old, singing "I'm All Made of Hinges" to my Great-Grandma Hazel.












I'm not as cool as I used to be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment