Monday, February 27, 2012

Where Dreams Come True

Do I have the greatest husband ever? Yes. At least, he's the greatest husband ever for me. Last week was our One Year Anniversary, and I had already taken off Monday and Tuesday so we could spend some time together. BUT tricksy little Hondo had already schemed and made plans for us to go to Orlando! And not just Orlando, but...Disney World!!!
Jealous?!?


So I wrapped my head around the fact that I would be away from Monroe for 2 nights (I cried. It's fine.) and on Tuesday afternoon we took off for Florida.

Flying sucks.

I've never been to Florida so for anyone who has you can imagine how crazy it was to walk into the humidity! Holy hotness! I'm not even going to get started on what happened to my hair. (Actually...if you've ever watched the episode of Friends where they all go to Barbados--think Monica's hair.) We picked up our fabulous rental car (a brand new Ford Mustang, literally with only 3,000 miles on it) and went to our hotel.

The time difference threw us off a little. We kept saying we were so excited to sleep in since Mo wakes up every day around 6:30-7am. Well, I guess I'm used to those hours too because even though according to Florida time I "slept in" until 9:30, that's still only 7:30 our time. Sigh. I can't wait until she's a teenager and sleeps in until noon.

We got up, got ready and headed out to Disney. After a conversation we had with the hotel concierge, we decided that we would spend the day at Epcot. Hondo had never been there, I've never been to any of the parks, but since we didn't have any kids with us and I become violently ill when I go on rides, Epcot was a good choice. We were there for about 8 hours, and I think we got to do almost all the rides except the newest one Soarin' (by the time we made it over to the line, they were handing out tickets for the next day only!) and the Test Track (90 minute wait and possiblity of throwing up? no, thank you.)
On the boat to China

Me just inside the entrance

Hondo in "China"
The day overall was a fantastic success. We were exhausted by the time we got back to our hotel room.

On our second day we got up early again and drove out to Cocoa Beach. We had heard that it is not as nice as the beaches on the West side of Florida, but since it was the closest, we went there.

We have talked about going to the beach for a vacation since before we were married, so this was a long time coming. One of my best friends from high school, Caitlin, lives in Cocoa Beach so she and her son Kevin met up with us to play for awhile. We went to lunch and then down to the water. Hondo and I got in a couple of times. I love the ocean. Even though I'm in the same water as the whales and sharks and whatever other crazy creatures live there, I love it. The thought of the ocean scares me, but once I'm there I can't resist. It's so fun!


I wish we could've spent the whole day there but we had to head back to Orlando to fly back home.

Flying sucks.

We made it home and got to see our little doll who was so happy to see us! It was a short trip, but I'm so glad we went.

Yep, my love is awesome. He's already talking about what we're going to do for our anniversary next year. I'm so grateful for this past year and all the time we've been able to spend together and as a family. Thank you to everyone (Becca, Holly & Eric, Jen) who knew about this trip ahead of time and helped plan and make it possible.

Hondo always says to me, "You aren't perfect, but you're perfect for me." I couldn't have put it better myself. I love you Hondo!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you have a blog! I'm totally reading it. You guys are super cute. Way fun that you got to go see Caitlin and Florida! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete